Where is the Industrial Gases Mega-merger Trail Heading?

The global Industrial Gases industry has been dominated by about 5 major players controlling more than 70% of the market.Recently, strategic business alliances have begun to augment the already heavily consolidated market towards further market consolidation. In early 2016, the number of players shrunk to four when Air Liquide acquired Airgas. Now, Praxair and Linde […]

read more

How West African National Oil Companies Can Raise Their Equity Stake in Upcoming Projects from 15% to 50%

Ghana National Petroleum has 15% ownership of the Deepwater Tano Contract Area. The other 85% of the ownership went to Tullow (47%), Kosmos Energy (17%), Anadarko Petroleum (17%), Sabre Oil & Gas Holdings Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Petro SA (4%) (percentages are approximate). In contrast, Sonangal holds 41% of the Mafumeira Sul project […]

read more