- “Hydrocarbons Infrastructure” panel discussion at the 2nd Mexico Gas Summit – The leading natural gas event for Mexico’s onshore E&P, midstream infrastructure, transportation and storage industries
- “Risk Mitigation Techniques for Negotiating Joint Operating Agreements (JOAs), Production Sharing Agreements (PSAs), and Core Supplier Agreements,” TBM Procurement Forum for Oil & Gas, Amsterdam
- “Managing Risk in Major Capital Projects,” TBM Procurement Forum for Oil & Gas, Berlin
- “Protecting and Enhancing Energy Infrastructure Projects in the Middle East – Mitigating Project Risk and Safeguarding Investments.” Power-Gen Middle East, Doha, Qatar.
- “Balancing economic risks: Tips for a well-structured deal“, MEE September 2010
- On the Economic Viability of the Tumaco Pipeline, Energy Tribune
- “A 4-Step Supply Chain Risk Audit Program for Offshore Vessels,” 8th Trans Middle East, Manama.
- “BSI offers $2 billion savings in energy projects” – Negocioselnorte Press Release
- “Basics of Supply Chain Risk,” APICS Providence Chapter, Providence, Rhode Island.
- “Taking Smarter Risks by Forecasting Complex Supply Markets,” APICS, Columbus NJ
- “Minimizing Risk by Forecasting Supply Markets,” APICS Monadnock Chapter, Keene NH
- “Managing Supply Risk,” presentation in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
- “Supply Risk Management,” a webcast.
- “Budgeting for Volatility,” a webcast
- “Budgeting and Forecasting in a Highly Volatile Environment,” a presentation to the Institute of Business Forecasting and Planning (IBF).
- “W-Shaped Economy or Long Wave” an economic forecast with implications for the viability of major projects
- “NESCON 2016 All-Star/Legends Speaker”, New England Supply Chain Conference and Exhibition
- BSI a sponsor of 2nd Mexico Gas Summit 2016 & moderating “Hydrocarbons Infrastructure” panel discussion
- “China Sourcing Summit On Petroleum & Chemical Equipment (CSSOPE 2016)“, 6th Conference and Exhibition
- “Pipeline and Oilfield Security Technologies: Global Benchmarks and State of the Art,” 5th Columbia Oil & Gas Conference.
- “Effective Supply Chain Management in Global Oil & Gas,” China Sourcing Summit on Petroleum Equipment (TOPCO).
- “Mitigating High Raw Material Prices,” Purchasing Magazine.
- “Logistics Outsourcing – It’s Not About Reducing Costs,” Logistics Digest.
- “Supply Chain: The New Revenue Generator,” The Next Generation Supply Chain, Virtual Conference sponsored by the Supply Chain Management Review.
- Supply Chain Megatrends, an article published in PARCEL Magazine.
- Supply Chain Management: Realizing the Potential, Third Annual Supply Chain Management Symposium, Khobar, Saudi Arabia.
- Eliminating the Bullwhip Effect by Synchronizing Supply Chains, Khobar, Saudi Arabia. Click here to see a photo from the symposium.
- Supply Chain Strategy, a webcast.
- “Designing Sourcing and Logistics for Flexibility and Innovation,” Boston Logan Airport
- “The New Age of Purchasing,” Purchasing Managers Association of Boston Top Management Night, Boston.
- “2nd Mexico Gas Summit 2016 – Expanding the distribution network” moderated the “Hydrocarbons Infrastructure” panel discussion
- “How Will Western Manufacturers Survive?” (through better supply chain management, of course), a webcast.
- “Integrated Supply Chain Management,” Live Television Panel Discussion, Institute for Supply Management, Phoenix AZ.
- “The New Global Supply Chain,” Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals’ Manhattan Roundtable, New York City. Click here to see an excerpt of the presentation slides.
- “Realizing Supply Chain Value through Smart Logistics Management,” Supply Chain Management Forum, Dubai.
- “Winning Supply Chain Strategies and Financial Benchmarks,” presentation to APICS New York City Chapter, New York City.
- “Supply Chain — From Concept to Cash,” Transport Events, 4th Trans Middle East, Dubai, UAE. Click here to see photos from the conference.
- “Business Forecasting and Planning Excellence,” Las Vegas, Nevada. BSI chaired this event.
- “Supply Chain Opportunities Stemming from Global Trade and Technology,” Beverly Chamber of Commerce, Beverly MA
- “Energy Prices and the Supply Chain: Charting a New Course,” IPC, Midwest Manufacturing Conference and Exhibition, Rosemont, IL.
- “Sales and Operations Planning, Sourcing, Lean, and Information Technology,” Boston APICS.
- “Deriving Value from Supply Chain Innovation,” Longboat Key, Florida.
“Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Comes of Age,” a presentation to RFID World based on a white paper BSI wrote for The Economist.
“Is there ROI in RFID?,” Northeast Supply Chain Conference & Exhibition 2006, Marlborough MA
“On the Inevitability of RFID”
Technology Management: Additional Articles and Presentations
Major Accident Prevention and Lessons Learned in Oil & Gas: Best Practices for Safe Supply Chains.
Poor supply chain management can set the conditions for failures of catastrophic proportions, both economically and in terms of safety. It has been the root cause of several of the largest disasters in oil and gas history. Many professionals fail to recognize important gaps due to the complexity of the web of supply relationships and the number of critical interfaces that can be misaligned. Professionals from executive offices, HSE, procurement, logistics, operations, and risk management need to take four major steps to ensure a safe supply chain. Click here to access this technical paper, which was presented at the Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference. Click here to request the accompanying Powerpoint presentation.
Major Accident Prevention in Ocean Shipping: BSI’s Supply Chain Risk Audit. Presentation in Bahrain.
“Global Trade Restrictions and Related Compliance Issues Pertaining to Oil and Gas Production Chemicals,” Offshore Technology Conference (OTC), Houston Texas. Manuscript and presentation. Increasingly complex marine supply chains, such as those for offshore LNG terminals, require end-to-end supply chain risk management. Relationships with suppliers and contractors must ensure not only human safety, but also asset integrity and commercial and financial risk mitigation. This presentation explores these risks and proposes a supply chain audit framework. Click here to access an excerpt of the presentation, which was presented at the 8th Trans Middle East Conference in Bahrain. Click here to request the full presentation.
Registering and Transporting Hazardous Substances
“Safe Supply Chain Design.” Presentation to the Society of Petroleum Engineers’ New York and New England Petroleum Section, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Green Supply Chains
Planning your Carbon Footprint
Green Supply Chains by 2020
“The Logistics of Global Outsourcing,” presentation to APICS New Haven
Strategic and Global Sourcing: Featured Articles and Presentations
“Value-Based Pricing in the Oil and Gas Supply Chain,” The OFS Portal LLC 8th Annual Fall Retreat, Houston, TX
“The Art of High-Cost Country Sourcing,” Supply Chain Management Review
“Can Western Manufacturers Beat the Competition?” APICS Magazine
Strategic and Global Sourcing: Additional Articles and Presentations
- “Navigating and Optimizing the Supplier Prequalification Process at National and International Oil Companies,” TOPCO China Sourcing Summit on Petroleum Equipment (CSSOPE), Beijing.
- “The Oil Price ‘Bullwhip’: Problem, Cost, Response,” Oil & Gas Journal
- “Swagging the Biggest Decisions You Make,” Purchasing Magazine.
- “Planning for the Long Haul,” Logistics Digest
- “Infrastructure Investment: The Supply Chain Connection,” CSCMP Supply Chain Quarterly.
- “Supply Chain Benefits of Transportation Infrastructure Improvements,” Transportation Research Board (TRB), Conference on Transportation and Economic Development (TED 2006), Little Rock AK
- “The Return of PPP in the Mediterranean,” Logistics Digest
- “Future Management Organization for Mediterranean Ports and the Maritime Sector,” 8th Mediterranean Logistics and Transport Forum, Barcelona, SPAIN. Click here to see a copy of the presentation speech.
- “Too Small to Fail: A New Model for Regulatory Oversight”
- “Intermodal, Infrastructure Investment and Financing,” Transport Events, 3rd Trans Middle East Exhibition, InterContinental Citystars, Cairo, Egypt.
Additional Articles and Presentations
Supply Market Insights
- “Energy Prices Reshaping the Supply Chain: Charting a New Course?,” Joint meeting of APICS Providence and Purchasing Managers’ Association of Rhode Island (PMARI), Warwick, RI.
- “Energy Prices Reshaping the Supply Chain,” a white paper.
- “Variable Energy Costs and Strategic Sourcing,” World Trade Magazine.
- “Energy Outlook,” ISM Material Management News
- Ocean Shipping Market Analysis (2012 Q4).
- Rate Outlook Webcast, Logistics Management Magazine (January 2012)
- “Logistics Rate Outlook,” Logistics Management webcast (January 2011)
- “Logistics Rate Outlook,” Webcast (January 2010)
- Panel of Experts Webcast, 2009 Rate Outlook, Logistics Management Magazine (January 2009)
- Competitive Dynamics in the Global Air Express Market, an article for Logistics Digest
- Container and Intermodal Freight Rate Outlook for Trades to and from North America (2011)
- Mid-Year Rate Outlook: Paying a Premium, Logistics Management (2010)
- Rate Outlook Update, Logistics Management Magazine (2010)
- “Ocean Freight Market: Overcapacity”
- “How Should the Global Financial Crisis Affect your Freight Strategy?”
- “Intermodal Integration – Responding to Market Needs”
- Mid-Year Rate Outlook Update, Logistics Management Magazine (2008)
- “Rate Outlook: Uncertainty Abounds,” Logistics Rate Outlook Webcast, Logistics Management Magazine (2008)
- “How Long Will the East-West Trade Imbalance Last?” PARCEL Magazine.
- “Visibility and the Role of Government in Container Security”
- Logistics Rate Outlook, Logistics Management Magazine (2008)
- “What’s Your Middle East Shipping Strategy?”
- “Global Logistics — Hot Spots and Major Developments,” New England Supply Chain Conference & Exhibition 2008, Marlboro, MA.
- “Global Economic Trends and Development in Containerised Trade Growth,” Transport Events, 6th ASEAN Ports and Shipping, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.
- “Energy Prices and the Supply Chain: The Outlook of Fuel Surcharges,” Institute of Supply Chain Management (ISM), NAPM, Minneapolis, MN.
- “Logistics Outlook” Webcast, Logistics Management Magazine (2007).
- “Global Logistics: The Next Generation,” APICS International Conference and Expo, Kansas City, Missouri.
- “Latest Developments in Supply Chain and Global Logistics Industry,” Parcel Shipping and Distribution Forum, Chicago IL.
- “Dubai and the Changing Face of Middle East Logistics,” a webcast
- “Integrated Capability in Logistics and Transportation,” Transport Events, 4th Thai Ports and Shipping Exhibition and Conference, Imperial Queen’s Park Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Logistics In Gioia Tauro, a webcast.
- Logistics In Seattle, a webcast.
- Logistics In New York, a webcast.
- Logistics In Shanghai – Along the Yangtse, a webcast.
- Logistics In Cairo- Through the Suez Canal, a webcast.
- “The Bullwhip Effect in Global Trade – This is One Wild Bull”
- “Ports Can Increase Margins through End-to-End Supply Chain Brilliance,” PorTech Asia, Tianjin, China.
- “The Impact of Low-Cost Country Sourcing on the Chemicals Supply Chain,” Institute of Supply Chain Management (ISM) Conference, World Gold Village, Renaissance Hotel, St. Augustine FL.
- “Capacity Concerns Could Be The Next Chemicals Supply Challenge,” Purchasing Magazine
- “Chemicals Markets Getting More Complex,” Purchasing Magazine.
- What is Your Supply Market IQ?, Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) Dobbs Ferry NY
- Supply Market Intelligence: What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You, APICS Woburn MA
- Supply Market Intelligence: What is Your Supply Market IQ? APICS Fairfield CT
- Supply Market Intelligence: What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You, Resources Global Professionals, Westford MA
Note: Starting in 2013 we replaced newsletters with posts and discussions on LinkedIn.
ENERGY SUPPLY CHAIN THOUGHT LEADERSHIP BLOG
Subscribe here to receive our analysis and opinions when new posts are made (free).
To request more information on our firm or our products and services, please contact us.