Owners, operators and service providers such as law firms engage BSI to serve as an advisor and expert witness.
Our dispute resolution services cover these major areas of competence:
Our services include but are not limited to:
Our long, deep, peer-reviewed, and academically vetted history of published books and articles about value chain and procurement topics makes us a credible expert inside or outside the courtroom.
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS BY BSI
- The Return of Public Private Partnerships (Mediterranean Ports Conference)
- Public private partnerships (PPP) had traditionally been justified on a project specific basis, with only a handful of project under review at any point in time. The economic crisis has changed that paradigm: heavily-indebted governments worldwide will need the private sector to realise the next wave of capacity expansions. The motivation for PPPs is changing, and this will change the balance of power between port authorities and terminal operators.
- Government Supply Chain Formulation, TV interview, Institute for Supply Management
- “Protecting and Enhancing Energy Infrastructure Projects in the Middle East – Mitigating Project Risk and Safeguarding Investments“, PowerGen Doha
- “Risk Mitigation Techniques for Negotiating Joint Operating Agreements (JOAs), Production Sharing Agreements (PSAs) and Core Supplier Agreements“, TBM Procurement Forum for Oil & Gas, Amsterdam
- “Analysis of Coal vs Natural Gas and Oil Supply Chains”, Expert witness testimony and deposition.
SELECTED CASE STUDIES
BSI brings exceptional credibility to legal contexts based on decades of publishing in highly-respected, peer-reviewed publications, teaching, and leadership roles in symposia, colloquia and conferences.
Here are two case studies of our work in dispute resolution.